Why BARE SkinCare?
During my medical practice as an Obstetrician and Gynecologist in Arizona, I noticed many of my patients also suffered from sun damage, increased wrinkles, and age spots. Some younger patients not only had acne, but at times severe cystic acne. For many, these conditions adversely affected their mental health, self-confidence, and physical well-being.
As a Founding Member of the American Holistic Medical Association, my concerns center around health in all its aspects - especially skin wellness. Identifying the causes of skin damage while maintaining skin health as we age became my passion.
I wondered ... how did healthy skin progress from this,
The answer is: due to many factors, such as sun exposure, diet, stress, and hormones. To make matters worse, adding costly MAKEUP over unhealthy skin LOCKS IN bacteria and germs that clog pores and damage the cell membrane, preventing the natural healing properties of the skin from functioning.
But with treatment, there is hope. (Photos are unretouched).
Instead of covering up diseased skin with makeup, fix it with Bare SkinCare and restore your natural SKIN HEALTH. THIS is the idea behind BARE Skin.
Some dangers of Makeup:
(1) Clogs pores, which effectively causes acne, blackheads, and prevents the skin's healing properties from acting in an efficient manner.
(2) If you leave makeup on for a longer period, along with sun damage, it can result in premature ageing signs like wrinkles, fine lines and age spots. Also, when you don’t remove makeup before you sleep, it can get into your pores, break the elastin and actually cause wrinkles.
(3) Makeup products that do not suit your skin type can make your skin drier or oilier. This can cause extreme dryness. Similarly, those with oily skin may experience too much oil production.
(4) Regular use of makeup can trigger more frequent breakouts. Those with acne-prone skin should limit their makeup usage. Applying less makeup can improve your skin’s health and reduce blackheads too.
(5) Products with harmful chemicals can cause allergic reactions. If you are allergic to certain ingredients, such products can make it worse. They can make your skin itchy and uncomfortable.
(6) Wearing makeup everyday can have side effects, but sleeping with makeup can damage your skin to a great extent.
(7) Due to pollution and sun, free radicals can affect collagen, weakening your skin and leading to changes in your skin color. For example, when long-lasting lipstick is worn for more than 10 hours, it darkens the colour of your lips as it contains ingredients that block oxygen supply to your lips.
(8) The area around your eyes and your eyelid is also where you use makeup like foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. Any kind of irritant in your eye makeup can cause severe harm to your eyes. It can even lead to an eye infection. Eye makeup products can also trigger dark circles if they are not removed before bed, or if worn for a long period of time.
(9) Makeup additives like formaldehyde, coal tar, arsenic, silica and chromium are known to be carcinogenic.
Masking diseased and damaged skin with makeup is NOT the answer.
That is why we made BARE SkinCare. DARE to go BARE!